When & Where
From 6:30pm, July 9th.
RMIT City Campus (Swanston St)
Building 8, Level 7, Room 71
383 Swanston Street
Note: This meetup is in the building 8 AV studio, not the large lecture theatre (building 80). Enter from the main entrance in Swanston street, take the lifts up to level 7 and follow the signs.
Cocoaheads #85 - July 9th
Lightning Talk Month!
Lightning talks are short (5-10 minutes), relaxed, informal presentations - if you've got a half baked idea, have learnt something interesting that might be fun to share, have an app you're working you'd like to show off - a lightning talk is for you!
We're not going to have any long form presentations this month so bring along your latest discoveries, keyboard hacks, Swift-compiler crashing code and show it to the audience. If you've been playing with Xcode 7, iOS 9 (etc etc) I'm sure everyone would love a quick demo on UIStackedView or Storyboard references.
Update: The responses since Monday morning have been great! We now have a very full looking lineup. See below for details. It's going to be an awesome night.
Thanks to realestate.com.au for sponsoring the July meetup!
We have the following presentations lined up:
- Ben Deckys - The Month (3 weeks?) that was (TMTW)
- Anvitha V - My intro to coding
- Matt Delves - Build pipelines that aren't crap
- Ievgen Rudenko - BehaviourKit
- Yichi Zhang - Demo of RMIT School of SC&IT summer project
- Ashton Williams - Breakpoints
- Vlas Voloshin - Push Notifications and Application States
- Kevin O'neill - Intro to Reactive Programming
- Prasana G - iOS 9 Search APIs
- Giovanni Lodi - Fu..nctors in Swift
From the archives: